Waking up with bad breath is a common problem for many people, so that is no reason to rush off for teeth cleaning in Ottawa. However, consistent bad breath, gum soreness or bleeding and excessive build-up of plaque that no amount of brushing can remove are all crucial signs that you need to visit your dental hygienist in due course!
Although visiting your dental hygienist at least twice a year is essential, there is nothing more important than your at-home daily oral hygiene and care routine. Continue reading below to find out everything you need to know about teeth cleaning and tips for excellent oral hygiene on the go.
Why You Need Professional Teeth Cleaning
There’s only so much a toothbrush can do, which is why you should prioritize frequent visits to your dentist. Specialized tools and hygiene products help to reach those places that your toothbrush, floss and mouthwash simply cannot get to, giving your mouth a much-needed hygiene transformation.
Take a look at the following benefits of professional teeth cleaning:
- It helps prevent tooth loss – losing a tooth is no fun experience, but the reality of poor or non-existent oral hygiene can lead you straight down that treacherous road. A build-up of plaque may lead to gum disease, and as the issue progresses, it can loosen teeth and cause them to fall out prematurely. Removing plaque and detecting signs of gum disease are preventive measures for tooth loss.
- Prevent tooth decay – acidic substances in plaque eat away at the enamel of your teeth and can lead to tooth sensitivity and cavities. Professional teeth cleaning removes stubborn plaque that proves too tough for regular brushing and aids in preventing tooth decay.
- Fresh breath – unfortunately, regular brushing and flossing are not always enough to keep your breath smelling fresh. Bacteria in the mouth, usually on the tongue or gum pockets, can lead to halitosis. Regular teeth cleaning ensures your mouth is as clean as possible to help aid bad breath and improve the wellness of your mouth.
Tips for Great Oral Hygiene on the Go
Busy lifestyles can sometimes overcrowd our self-care routines, and it typically leads to rather undesirable attributes, especially with oral hygiene. But, a busy schedule doesn’t have to be the demise of excellent mouth health, so consider these tips for oral hygiene on the go:
- Keep a toothbrush, floss and mouth rinse in your handbag or car for after-meal cleaning.
- Use breath strips to control bad breath and kill bacteria.
- Drink enough water.
- Use teeth whitening strips before important meetings.
- Watch what you eat – avoid sugars and over-processed foods.
Meeting daily demands is challenging enough without the struggles of poor oral hygiene. So, give yourself a helping hand and contact us today for teeth cleaning services in Ottawa.