If you’re battling with the decision of getting braces or not, let us help you. We understand how difficult it can be to envision yourself with mouth gear, but we have a solution that will immediately combat your anxiety and hesitation. The solution is clear braces.
The problem that many people face is simply deciding to have braces put onto their teeth, for obvious reasons, of course, like their appearance, inconvenience, restrictiveness and initial discomfort. However, steering clear of orthodontic treatment can harm your overall oral health.
Misaligned and crooked teeth are susceptible to many oral issues such as gum disease, tartar build-up, tooth decay and bad breath. Avoiding braces may worsen these issues over time, so we encourage you to make an appointment with us today to discuss how clear braces can change your smile’s appearance and health.
What to Expect From Start to Finish
If you’ve decided to embark on the Invisalign journey, you may be interested in what you can expect from the process. Of course, the ultimate goal is to have straighter, more desirable teeth, but how you get there is equally important!
Take a look at these five stages of the Invisalign process:
- Your first appointment – you may want to do an intricate examination during your initial consultation. Not everyone will be a suitable candidate for clear braces, but your dentist will find the best solution for you based on your needs.
- Moulding process – depending on your schedule, you could have the moulding done during your first visit. Your dentist will use digital scans, photographs and x-rays to create an accurate model of your mouth and teeth. The moulds will be sent to a laboratory to create your custom aligner trays.
- Fitting your first tray – your dentist will put any necessary attachments, ensuring a good fit and feel of your new aligner trays and discuss after-care procedures with you.
- Follow-up visits – you will return to your dentist every few weeks to assess your progress and move on to the next stage of your Invisalign treatment. The process includes several aligner trays to accommodate your shifting teeth, so you will make periodic visits as you progress.
- Straighter teeth – the final stage of the process is finally having straighter teeth. If you are consistent and wear your trays as prescribed, you will see noticeable differences fairly quickly.
Get your clear braces fitted today and contact us to schedule an appointment!